Thursday 9 August 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor




I wanted to start reading again as I found myself relying on technology and using my phone quite a lot, so i did some scooping round and found this amazing book. I read a review on it and thought it was right up my street, and for £7.99 at Waterstones I thought to give it a read.

I cannot praise enough of how amazing this book is. I could of read this in a day but wanted to pace myself. It is about a young girl named Karou with two seperate lives, on one side she is a young art student living in Prague, but on the other side she is a errand-girl to a montrous creature who is the closest thing she has to family. She is raised in half in our world and half in 'Elsewere' and has never understood Brimstone's dark work. She dosn't know how she came into Brimstone's keeping, she is a secret even to herself, overcome by the sensation that she isn't whole.

Now the doors to Elsewere are closing, she must decide to live in the safety of her human life and the dangers of a war-ravaged world that may hold the answers she always sought.

It is a fantasy book by Laini Taylor that will be part in a series of books and I cannot wait for part two of this book. Laini Taylor has wrote other books in the past which I'm yet to read, but reading some reviews, I found that her past books are more for the tween generation which is not my cup of tea being 23 and all, but this book is aimed for young adults who want to escape reality and dive into the fantasy of magic, monsters and love.

'Goonies never say die! - Mike - The Goonies'



Jen
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment