Friday 25 May 2012

Vosene Shampoo.....Strips Colour??




Now I've never heard of this product till my mum mentioned it to me. She's having the same problem as me, too much dye build up and wanting to light it up but without using harsh chemicals like bleach etc. I was sceptic at first but after researching this product and asking a few of the girls in work about Vosene, apparently it is well known to help 'strip' the colour out of your hair and people swear by it. I use the word strip lightly as it's not an instant fix to help lighten you hair. Depending on the colour build up, the first wash doesn't really do much. Now I'm not sure if it has anything to do with using box dyes or getting your hair coloured at the hairdressers as my mum has been having faster results than me (she goes the hairdressers), but I have to tell you to persevere with it as it slowly but surely lightens your hair if you box dye it.


It does leave your hair a bit dry and 'tatty' while you're washing it, but as long as you have great conditioner to put on after you shampoo, your hair will go back to its regular condition. My mum had been recommended by the hairdresser to use this product once or twice a week, but I've used it every wash as I want to quicken the lightening process. When you wash your hair with Vosene, make sure to leave it on your hair for about 3 mins, like you would with conditioner, as it works through your hair. Rinse as normal and then put conditioner on your hair to get it back soft and shiny again.


This product is very popular because when I went to shop for some more for me and my mum, Boots was sold out and Superdrug had small stock of them. I managed to get it from Superdrug with my student discount for 89p which is an absolute bargain. My mum got the first bottle for £1.99 from somewhere (I'll have to ask her), but shop round first as I managed to get it cheaper.

When I've got it a bit more lighter I'll blog some before and after shots of this product and see what you think.

Does anyone have any tips and tricks they would like to share on lightening your hair without using harsh chemicals would be great.



'Live long and prosper - Spock - Star Trek'



Jen x

3 comments:

  1. If your wanting to lighten your hair even faster than just washing it with this product try leaving it in dry hair, make sure all your hair from scalp to tip is covered in vosene. Leave it in for atleast half an hour so it can work its magic then wash out as normal. You will see faster results as I have tried it and it worked brilliantly!! I strongly advise it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have naturally back hair and I dyed it Iightbrown so if I use this shampoo I would Immy hair easily go back to my natural hair or would it lighten the brown in my hair Cos I want my natural hair back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted a bit purple but think av went too far with osmo products...got vosene in house for grandkids so al try wish me luck

    ReplyDelete